Community Christian Counseling Prepares to Resume Office Visits
Resume Office Visits
Monday, May 11, 2020 and Beyond
We are very grateful for the Indiana Governor’s recent and clear communication regarding steps to modify stay-at-home mandates. With so many voices saying so many different things, for so many weeks about the virus and its influence on our lives, the clarity and step process he provided are welcomed!
For more than a month, our counselors have been successfully providing Distance Counseling services. Distance Counseling is the internet or telephone connection between our clients and counselors. For most cases and situations, Distance Counseling has been effective. Most of our clients have said that the distance experience is more like in-person sessions than they had imagined.
Following our Governor’s recent reopening plan, we are using “Office Setting,” as the designation for our counseling office at 518 South 7th Street in Terre Haute. We have begun preparations for office visits to again be available; target date of Monday, May 11. That date could change if there is a significant increase in Covid-19 cases in our area.
Preparing our office for opening
The primary goal regarding our office building is to make it as safe as possible for all who enter. Prior to May 11, the Community Christian Counseling office is being deep cleaned. Special attention will be given to disinfecting all hard surfaces, all carpets will be professionally cleaned, and the heating/air conditioning filters will be changed. As a day of business progresses, surfaces will be recleaned and disinfected by our staff.
Following the “Stages” of our State’s Reopening Plan
Stage 2: May 4 – May 23
Non-essential local travel restrictions are lifted, and Office Settings can reopen “as needed,” but with limits on occupancy numbers.
While Stage 2 allows us to begin limited offices services, we anticipate continuing to provide the majority of our appointments through Distance Counseling. However, if the counselor and client mutually agree that the appointment would be most effective at the office, and both are willing, they may do so; following the following process:
• Both the counselor and client must be free from all cold or flu type symptoms
• Social distancing will be observed
• Face coverings are encouraged, but not required
• Public accessed hard surfaces will be disinfected before and after each in-office appointment
Stage 3: May 24 – June 13
• Distance Counseling services will continue, but in-office visits will likely be increasing in number.
• Social distancing procedures will be observed
• Face coverings are recommended, but not required
• Appointments will be scheduled 1½ hours apart, as opposed to the usual 1 hour. The extra 30 minutes will give the staff time to finish counseling notes and prepare the office for the next appointment. That scheduling change will also minimize the chance of multiple clients being in the waiting areas at the same time.
• If more than one counselor is in the office at the same time, there will be a staggering of start-times for each counselor.
• To further minimize contacts in common areas, clients will be asked to arrive through the main entrance (back door) and depart from the 7th Street door.
Stage 4: June 14 – July 3
Community Christian Counseling will begin operating on a normal schedule. We do realize that some clients, and even counselors, may still be cautious about frequent social contacts, so Distance Counseling will continue to be an option.
Again, all or part of this schedule could change if Wabash Valley cases of the Corona virus increases significantly, and either local or State authorities reapply restrictions.
For questions or to make an appointment call the office at 812-244-0400 or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org